Kampung Naga in Tasikmalaya maybe for some people it sounds familiar to the ears. But for some people, there must be some who are wondering, what is Kampung Naga? Is the village inhabited by a dragon? Or is there a gathering of dragon lovers? So, to answer your sense of curiosity. Here’s a review of Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya which is well known for maintaining local wisdom and culture.
History of Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
Kampung Naga is not a village inhabited by a dragon, and it has nothing to do with mythical dragon animals. The name “Kampung Naga” is just a name, this village is the same as other villages in general, but the customs that this village has make it different.
Kampung Naga is one of the ancestral relics that must be preserved. Based on several sources, the history of the existence of Kampung Naga began during the era of Syekh Syarif Hidayatullah or known as Sunan Gunung Djati. This village is inhabited by a group of people who very closely adhere to the customs or culture left by their ancestors.
The uniqueness of Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
Kampung Naga standing in a valley that is quite fertile, the beauty is still very well preserved, the atmosphere is very cool. This 1.5 hectare village is inhabited by approximately 311 people who are still very strong in adhering to the culture and customs of their ancestors even though they are in modern life like now. In Kampung Naga, Tasikmalaya, there are many Indonesian cultures, especially Sundanese culture, stored here The uniqueness of Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
- Kampung Naga has 112 traditional houses.
- The house that is on Kampung Naga It has the same shape and characteristics, that is, the roof is made of fibers (fibers on the palm / palm tree) and the walls are made of rattan fibers or from bamboo chambers.
- Each house stands parallel and faces each other neatly
- Each building may not be painted, as an alternative is to use white chalk.
- Each house must face North or South in a position that extends to the West-East.
- Each door above it is decorated with a kind of woven as an indication of the wind.
- There are three buildings used by residents of Kampung Naga, namely Bale Patemon which means meeting hall, masigit namely the mosque building, as well leuit namely a place to store agricultural products.
- The people living in Kampung Naga have three philosophies of life, namely mandate, will and effect.
In addition, there are several events that characterize Kampung Naga, including:
- The Pedaran program is a sacred ceremony that is usually performed once a time. This event takes place every Mulud month.
- Thanksgiving ceremony for the middle of the month of Sha’ban.
- The mid-year thanksgiving event which usually takes place in the month of Jumadil Akhir.
- Eid event ied namely Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.
Kampung Naga This is one of the cultural villages that is often used as the object of sociological or anthropological research.
Beauty Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
Arriving at Kampung Naga TasikmalayaYou will find a path that will take you to the area Kampung Naga. the tall trees lined up, the expanse of green rice fields, and the welcome of the refreshing gurgling of water from the long Ciwulang River Will welcome any tourist who comes.
The fresh air, accompanied by the melodious chirping of birds, the refreshing flow of water, to the cool breeze will be your most loyal friends when traveling in this village. You will feel this unusual sensation in Kampung Naga, feeling tired and tired due to work routines that seem to disappear at once. Not only is the welcome from its stunning natural environment, you are also welcomed by the people around Kampung Naga who are certainly very famous for their hospitality to every tourist.
It’s not just the experience you get, in Kampung Naga You will also get new insights and knowledge, especially about the local culture of Tasikmalaya. Its fertile and preserved nature, and the existence of the forest which is highly respected, create complete harmony between humans and the surrounding environment.
Facilities in Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
The following are the facilities available at Kampung Naga.
- Services available guide who can guide and accompany you when having a cultural tour in Kampung Naga
- Adequate parking area
- To reach Kampung Naga, you are facilitated by stairs totaling around 360 steps
- Shops that provide a variety of souvenirs or souvenirs
- Stalls that provide food or drinks
Location of Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
You can find this Sundanese Cultural Tourism in Kampung Naga in Neglasari Village, Salawu District, Tasikmalaya, West Java. The location is about 90 kilometers from the city of Bandung and 30 kilometers from the city center of Tasikmalaya.
Street Towards Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
Location Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya not far from the main connecting highway between Garut and Tasikmalaya. To reach Kampung Naga, the road is quite easy, even though you have to go through several steps.
Don’ts and Myths Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
- Photo prohibition in certain areas.
- There is a forbidden forest that cannot be entered. Not only tourists, but even residents around Kampung Naga are not allowed to take anything from the forest
Tips for Visiting Kampung Naga
- For those of you who want to stay overnight, it is recommended to ask permission in advance from local elders / figures.
- Intend your cultural tour as a guide, not just a spectacle
- It is advisable not to visit on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, because on these days every Kampung Naga community is prohibited from talking about the customs or origins of the village, so you cannot dig up cultural knowledge in Kampung Naga.
- Recommended bringing powerbank because there is no electricity in the Kampung Naga area.
Photo of Kampung Naga Tasikmalaya
That is a little description of the charm of beauty and cultural tourism Kampung Naga traditional village in Tasikmalaya. Through cultural tourism, you will help preserve the uniqueness of the customs left by your ancestors. For those of you who want to fill your vacation by getting to know various cultures in Indonesia, one of the cities in Tasikmalaya, Kampung Naga can be your choice.